The Eckerd Health Services (EHS) pharmacy benefit program is available to you and your eligible family members. The following is a summary of the pharmacy benefits you can receive. You have two benefit options available under your pharmacy benefit program.
1. With the retail pharmacy program you may receive up to a 34-day supply of medication (depending on your plan) from an EHS network retail pharmacy for short-term medications such as antibiotics.
Covered medications according to the pharmacy benefit program must meet the following requirements:
· Prescribed by a licensed physician
· The prescription medication is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
· Purchased at an EHS participating retail network pharmacy or through Express Pharmacy Services (EPS)
Certain medications may not be covered under the prescription drug plan or under the formulary. Please refer to your benefit plan documents for more information.
ABOUT GENERIC DRUGS?
If a generic drug is available, it has the exact same chemical compound as the brand name version. The use of generic drugs offers a safe alternative to help reduce prescription drug costs for you and your plan sponsor. The pharmacist will dispense generic substitutes whenever possible based upon availability, legal requirements and your physician’s approval. Ask your health care provider to write your prescription using the generic or chemical name to ensure you’ll receive a generic medication.
PAYMENTS YOU MUST MAKE:
· Plan copayments (if applicable)
· Cost of medications not covered under your pharmacy benefits
ABOUT EHS NETWORK PHARMACIES:
EHS has a network of retail pharmacies that provide services to our members. Many pharmacies are enrolled with us to give our members access to quality pharmacy services. To locate the network pharmacy near you, visit our web site at www.ehs.com or call the EHS Customer Service Center at 1-888-645-9303. We recommend that you present your member ID card that includes necessary information every time you have a prescription filled in order to expedite your services.